- In September 2017, we began a nine month-long project to Larkfield Leisure Centre in Aylesford, on behalf of Alliance Leisure.
- We carried out a steel frame extension to the existing leisure centre in order to create two new studios, including insulated external panels which were used as a quick and economical solution.
- We also completed the refurbishment of an existing fitness suite and the formation of an immersive spin studio, during which we worked in conjunction with Hutchinson Technologies to create a spectacular spin bike experience.
- Throughout this project, we used new technology such as heat recovery units and LED lighting, which was an environmentally friendly and sustainable solution with low running costs.
Challenges and Solutions
- Our works were carried out in two phases, so the disruption to the centre was as minimal as possible.
- Regular discussions and meetings were held with the client team in order to fully understand their requirements, from design through construction to completion.
- Etec’s focus on health and safety ensured that there were no reported accidents on this project, and monthly independent audits helped to drive and enforce our policies.