- Etec were contracted to carry out refurbishment and redevelopment works to the historic Archbishop Tenison school in Lambeth.
- This included extensive works to balconies throughout the building
- Kitchens, balconies, the dining hall, and internal corridors were refurbished which necessitated substantial temporary works and scaffold.
- Extensive metal works were required to the roof and balcony areas as part of the repairs works.
- We also carried out a full refurb of the toilets and a conversion of existing areas for new use. These structural alterations allowed for the creation of a new shower and changing room.
- Careful planning of pedestrian and vehicle routes as well as segregation from the works was paramount in order to ensure the safety of all those on site.
Challenges and Solutions
- Works were scheduled to be completed during the summer break while the school was unoccupied.This required careful sequencing of works and trades in order to meet the tight deadlines.
- Works were undertaken simultaneously wherever possible with balcony and roofing works being completed alongside internal works to the kitchens and toilets.
- The school is situated in a busy area of Lambeth opposite the Oval. This required constant liaison with local residents, school stakeholders, and the council in order to minimise and disruption that might be caused by our works.