- The Government's Crown Commercial Service has awarded Etec a place on a record breaking Government works framework.
- The vast public works framework is available for use by central Government departments and all other public sector bodies, including local authorities, blue light services and devolved bodies.
- It is the first time a construction works framework has been drawn up for this scale of project pipeline.
- John Welch, CCS's Deputy Director for Construction, said: "This agreement will support construction and drive industry growth. Its lotting structure has been designed to maximise opportunities for all sizes of company and that includes SMEs, which play a key role in UK construction."
- "This agreement also facilitates the use of digitisation in construction and promotes the use of innovative solutions via modern methods of construction."
Etec have been awarded a place on Lot 1A of the framework to deliver building works in the South of England for projects up to £3,000,000 in value. The predicted spend for the whole seven year framework for Lot 1A is £3.5bn. Types of project will include:
- New Build
- Conservation Works
- Environmental and Remediation Works