- Over a 10 year contract Etec were instructed to complete internal and external works to occupied properties. This included M&E works as well as extensive building fabric repairs and alterations.
- We made use of our in house M&E team to deliver electrical works on this framework. Any trades not covered in house would be supplemented with subcontractors taken from our approved list of supply chain partners.
- Fortnightly and monthly meetings with the Council ensured any slippages in programme or any risks associated to upcoming works were flagged, reviewed and rectified to ensure a smooth programme of works.
- Our supply chain was managed by our Senior Quantity Surveyor. This included cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of each project under the framework from inception to post-completion.
Challenges and Solutions
- Working over such a long period of time requires customer care standards to be of the highest quality.
- Working closely with the council we appointed an RLO to communicate our works through the residents to ensure complete customer satisfaction and successful project completion.
- Our workforce were fully briefed on the requirements of working in occupied homes and received relevant toolbox talks for each site.
- Subcontractors had to demonstrate experience of working on occupied sites in order to be awarded works packages.