- In October 2017, we were employed by Petra Ecclestone to design and build the first therapy centre for children with autism, on behalf of the Petra Ecclestone Foundation.
- The new therapy centre was appended to Fulham Road School in South Kensington
- We converted the spacious school hall into the therapy centre.
- The works for this project included a new insulated roof, new wall insulation and the installation of triple glazed windows.
- We also designed state-of-the-art lighting and interactive feature walls, which can be used as sensory activities for the children.
- The works were carried out in two phases and took eight months to complete.
Challenges and Solutions
- Throughout this project, we engaged with specialist experts and consultants to make sure we fully understood the specific requirements needed for children with autism and other learning difficulties, and their families.
- We learnt more about these requirements in order to design and create an environment that was both enjoyable for the children, and comfortable for therapy practices to take place.
- Etec’s focus on health and safety ensured that there were no accidents reported on this project, and monthly independent audits helped drive and enforce our policies.